Stutter vs. hesitation like eh..., uh...

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Daniel López, Jan 20, 2011.

  1. Daniel López Senior Member


    I would like to know if there's a specific term that could be applied to hesitations in speech like um... or eh... uh... By the way, I don´t know how to write these /eeeee/ /aaaaaaa/ sounds when they represent just hesitation in speech (and not, for instance, huh? /ha/ as a question)

    Thank you in advance for your always kind and most useful help.
  2. pops91710

    pops91710 Senior Member

    I think the word you are looking for is stammering.
  3. nelliot53

    nelliot53 Senior Member

    Puerto Rico
  4. St. Nick Senior Member

    Uh, technically they're "disfluencies," but we usually just call them, um, "fillers."

Share This Page