su representada

< Previous | Next >

mapucha

spanish argentina
Hola foreros,

Tengo una duda con la siguiente expresión:
" Declara EL CLUB, por conducto de su Administrador Único que: Su Representada es una Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable legalmente constituida bajo las leyes mexicanas, según se desprende de la escritura pública número 83,170 de fecha 20 de junio de 1990, otorgada ante la fe del Lic."
En este caso sería:

"THE CLUB declares, through its Sole Administrator that: Its Client is a Variable Capital Corporation legally established under the Mexican law, in accordance with the public deed number 83,170 dated June 20, 1990, executed before the Atty."

En este caso ¿"its client" está bien? ¿o sería his client?

• pmb327

English US
    If you can provide some context, @mapucha, you will get more and better responses to your query. Assuming client is the best translation, it would almost certainly be Its client. But in the absence of context, it's impossible to say for sure.

mapucha

spanish argentina
    I´m think that I will not use "client" as equivalent of "representada" since I will use it to refer to "EL CLIENTE". So it´s ok to say "Its..."

CONTRATO DE PATROCINIO Y PRESENCIA DE MARCA

QUE CELEBRAN POR UNA PARTE LA EMPRESA DENOMINADA xxxx, A QUIEN EN LO SUCESIVO SE LE DENOMINARÁ ‘‘EL CLUB’’, REPRESENTADA EN ESTE ACTO POR EL LIC. xxx, EN SU CARÁCTER DE ADMINISTRADOR ÚNICO, Y POR LA OTRA PARTE LA EMPRESA DENOMINADA xxxxxxxxxxxxx, S.A. DE C.V. A QUIEN EN LO SUCESIVO SE LE DENOMINARÁ ‘‘EL CLIENTE’’, REPRESENTADA EN ESTE ACTO POR EL SR. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, EN SU CARÁCTER DE APODERADO LEGAL, Y QUE DE MANERA CONJUNTA SE LES DENOMINARÁ ‘‘LAS PARTES’’, AL TENOR DE LAS SIGUIENTES DECLARACIONES Y CLÁUSULAS:
    Declara EL CLUB, por conducto de su Administrador Único que:
    Su Representada es una Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable legalmente constituida bajo las leyes mexicanas, según se desprende de la escritura pública número 83,170 de fecha 20 de junio de 1990.
    Su Administrador Único el Lic. XX, cuenta con la capacidad suficiente para obligarse en los términos del presente contrato, siendo que dichas facultades obran dentro de la escritura pública número 125,362 de fecha 14 de marzo de 2018

pmb327

English US
    If I've interpreted this correctly, the club is declaring through the Administrador Único that it is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable, i.e., this describes The Club as a legal entity.

I'd put more thought into your translation of Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable. It seems this should include something about being an anonymous company/business or something of that nature. I would need to know more about what constitutes The Club to be of assistance here.

Last edited:

Aguas Claras

UK English
    If I've interpreted this correctly, the club is declaring through the Administrador Único that it is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable, i.e., this describes The Club as a legal entity.
    Yes, I agree. But there's something strange in the Spanish. I think it means that the Club is declaring, through its Sole Administrator, that his (i.e. the Sole Administrator's) principal (i.e. the Club, which is the entity that granted him power of attorney) is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable ... .

I don't think there's any "client" in the sentence. The Sole Administrator, who is the Club's representative, is making a statement on behalf of the Club to describe its legal status.

cidertree

English - Ireland
    Yes, I agree. But there's something strange in the Spanish. I think it means that the Club is declaring, through its Sole Administrator, that his (i.e. the Sole Administrator's) principal (i.e. the Club, which is the entity that granted him power of attorney) is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable ... .

I don't think there's any "client" in the sentence. The Sole Administrator, who is the Club's representative, is making a statement on behalf of the Club to describe its legal status.
    I'm reading it that way as well. It looks like (you never can tell with legalese) "Su Representada es una Sociedad Anónima..." could be written as "It represents a Sociedad Anónima..."
    How to translate "Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable legalmente constituida bajo las leyes mexicanas" is a whole other question.

Aguas Claras

UK English
    I'm reading it that way as well. It looks like (you never can tell with legalese) "Su Representada es una Sociedad Anónima..." could be written as "It represents a Sociedad Anónima..."
    How to translate "Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable legalmente constituida bajo las leyes mexicanas" is a whole other question.
    I would think that the "representada" is the Club and the "representante" is the Administrador Único, so it would be "he represents" or "the latter represents".

EDIT: I think I would say "... through its Sole Administrator, that the latter represents ....", given that the Sole Administrator could be a legal entity (acting through its own representative) rather than an individual.

The problem with "Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable" is that it's a very specific type of company and there may be no equivalent in English. I've seen "open-end stock company", but I have no idea if it's the usual translation. I think that, however the OP decides to translate it, the Spanish term should appear in brackets after the translation.

pmb327

English US
    I've given this more thought, thanks to the contributions of @Aguas Claras and @cidertree (please note edited version of post #4).

I see two possibilities:
    (1) The source text is reporting on what The Club declared through the Administrador Único.
    Su Representada >> Its Represented (Company) (meaning The Club as a legal entity being represented)
    (2) The source text is reporting on what the Administrador Único said.
    Su Representada >> His client/His Represented

I opt for (1).

Aguas Claras

UK English
    I've given this more thought, thanks to the contributions of @Aguas Claras and @cidertree (please note edited version of post #4).

I see two possibilities:
    (1) The source text is reporting on what The Club declared through the Administrador Único.
    Su Representada >> Its Represented (Company) (meaning The Club as a legal entity being represented)
    (2) The source text is reporting on what the Administrador Único said.
    Su Representada >> His client/His Represented

I opt for (1).
    So I deduce that, in the contract, there is another entity that is a client of the Club. (Maybe should add that "represented" can't be used as a noun in English).

pmb327

English US
    Definitely not. I'm only suggesting that the source text is reporting that Its (The Club's) represented company, that is, The Club itself, as a legal entity being represented, is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable. I agree with both you and cidertree that Representada is The Club.
    Maybe should add that "represented" can't be used as a noun in English
    Right you are!
    I would think that the "representada" is the Club and the "representante" is the Administrador Único, so it would be "he represents" or "the latter represents".
    So the source text is reporting on what the Administrador Único said (as opposed to what The Club said). Do I have that right?

cidertree

English - Ireland
    Definitely not. I'm only suggesting that the source text is reporting that Its (The Club's) represented company, that is, The Club itself, as a legal entity being represented, is a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable. I agree with both you and cidertree that Representada is The Club.

Right you are!

So the source text is reporting on what the Administrador Único said (as opposed to what The Club said). Do I have that right?
    It certainly looks that way.

pmb327

English US
    In that case, I would be inclined to translate Su Representada as His client. The trouble with this is that @mapucha wants to avoid using the word client because of the designated name of the opposing party (The Client). Whence @cidertree's It represents... or @Aguas Claras's He/The latter represents....

< Previous | Next >