Subdued?

< Previous | Next >

sambistapt

Brazilian Portuguese
Hello amigos!:)

-Don't you think Henry's been acting rather strangely lately ?
-Now you mention it, he has become rather subdued, as if something's on his mind.

Would "subdued" in this context be equivalent to concerned?

Thanks,

Sam:cool:

Ps: I do appreciate how much patient you´ve been to me because I´ve burdened you with so many questions!!:eek:

• Singinswtt11

English since birth, Spanish shortly thereafter
    Hello amigos!:)

-Don't you think Henry's been acting rather strangely lately ?
    -Now you mention it, he has become rather subdued, as if something's on his mind.

Would "subdued" in this context be equivalent to concerned?

Thanks,

Sam:cool:

Ps: I do appreciate how much patient you´ve been to with me because I´ve burdened you with so many questions!!:eek:
    ;)

In this context subdued means quiet, reserved, preoccupied. He could be concerned about something, but they're referring more to the change in his personality, like suddenly he doesn't talk as much as usual.

Hope I helped!

Boa tarde

Dimcl

Canadian English
    Ps: I do appreciate how much patient you´ve been to with me because I´ve burdened you with so many questions!!:eek:
    Hi Sam. Did you look up the meaning of "subdued" in your dictionary? If so, does it indicate that "subdued" can mean "concerned"? This is the pertinent definition from Dictionary.com:

1.quiet; inhibited; repressed; controlled: After the argument he was much more subdued.

P.S. "...much patient" isn't correct. It would either be "...how much patience you've shown me" or as I have indicated in my edit.

< Previous | Next >