subject of a continuous effort of reverse-engineering

< Previous | Next >

fiorecomo

Italian
Hello,

I'm writing my thesis in english but I am not native. I need help with these sentence:

"these algorithms are subject to a continuous effort of reverse-engineering"

With this sentence I mean that there is people that keeps trying to reverse-engineer these algorithms. Does it sound ok?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Greyfriar

Hello,

I'm writing my thesis in English but I am not native. I need help with this sentence:

"these algorithms are subject to a continuous effort of reverse-engineering"

With this sentence I mean that there are people that keep trying to reverse-engineer these algorithms. Does it sound ok?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Hello, and welcome to the forum, fiorecomo.

I have made one or two corrections in your text.

The sentence sounds OK to me, but I hesitate to use 'subject to'. Perhaps it should be 'subjected to'. Please wait for further opinions.

tepatria

Canadian English
    Welcome to the forum fiorecomo. When posting a question, please be more specific about what you think might be wrong with your sentence. Giving more context would also be very helpful. The meaning of this sentence is unclear. There are continuous efforts to reverse-engineer these algorithms.

Last edited:

fiorecomo

Italian
    Thanks for the help! I will try to be more specific next time but I think your suggestion will be sufficent for this time. I didn't really know what was wrong with the sentence, I just felt like a native would have formulated the sentence differently.

fiorecomo

Italian
    Ok I will provide more context:
    Even expert users, academics, businesses and governments are unable to scrutinize them directly, since search algorithms are considered trade secrets. Nonetheless, search result pages are extremely valuable digital real estate and because of that there are continuous efforts to reverse-engineer the algorithms that decide who takes the best position in the results.

What do you think?

< Previous | Next >