subject of the verb

mrxkms

Arabic
Hello all

I just have a small question

In the text below, what is the subject of the verb "work" in "...and generally work on a strategy to join the industry"
Is it the "various domains and language pairs" or machine translation?

here is the text

"It has never been easier to connect with other members of the language services industry, learn about the latest trends and the knowledge and skills most in demand, see how various domains and language pairs have been impacted by the rise of machine translation, and generally work on a strategy to join the industry” argues Prof. Ciobanu.

Many thanks

• dojibear

US English
    Removing the unimportant parts, here is the grammar of the "work" part of the sentence:

It has never been easier to...work on a strategy.

The infinitive "to work" does not get a subject. So there is no subject of the verb "work". The verb "has been" has subject "it".
    Grammatically, the "to" is copied to each of the verbs separated by commas
    - to connect
    - to learn about
    - to see how
    - to work on

mrxkms

Arabic
    Thank you dojibear, but isn't the "see" in "see how various domains..." an imperative mood?
    Isn't the writer commanding the reader to see how the various domains...?

mrxkms

Arabic
    The infinitive "to work" does not get a subject. So there is no subject of the verb "work". The verb "has been" has subject "it".
    Grammatically, the "to" is copied to each of the verbs separated by commas
    - to connect
    - to learn about
    - to see how
    - to work on
    If I am to understand it the way clarified it to me, then what is the industry which became easier to join than ever?

Loob

English UK
    Thank you dojibear, but isn't the "see" in "see how various domains..." an imperative mood?
    Isn't the writer commanding the reader to see how the various domains...?
    No, it's an infinitive, as doji says. You've got a series of parallel structures following It has never been easier to...
    If I am to understand it the way clarified it to me, then what is the industry which became easier to join than ever?
    It's the 'language services industry' mentioned earlier in the sentence.