submitting

maayani

Hebrew
Hello,

The real estate taxes for the 24 rental units could be a slight bit higher by submitting that building and units to the single condominium.
In the event it is determined to only submit to condominium ownership the 7 four-plex buildings, maintaining the 24-unit building on the same parcel will involve a number of considerations, including, but not limited to the following(...)

Can you explain me the meaning of "submitting" in this context?
The context: It's a letter written by a law firm to a real estate developer (in USA).

Thanks in advance.

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    It could be either of the two main meanings of submit given in the WRDictionary:
    • to give over, surrender, or yield to the power or authority of another.
    • to present for approval or consideration.
    Either way, it could be replaced by offer, propose, give up...

maayani

Hebrew
    Thanks, but still, it's not very clear to me in this context, what it means exactly "submitting that building and units to the single condominium" according to these definitions (i.e., offering, proposing). Can you explain me it in your own words?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    The real estate taxes for the 24 rental units might be a little higher if that building and units were proposed for inclusion in the single condominium.
    If you decided to only offer the condominium the ownership of the seven four-plex buildings...