subsequent tuition fee increase

< Previous | Next >

Alirezap

Persian
Hi friends.
I want to use this sentence but I am not sure about the use of "subsequent tuition fee increase" phrase.
I will appreciate if you help me.

"... . The woman is in favor of the construction of the new lab and the subsequent tuition fee increase. ..."

I want to mention that she agrees with this fact which includes the tuition fee rise.

Thank you.

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    This doesn't look like "a fact which includes". She agreed to two separate (but possibly related) things.
    Perhaps you mean consequent rather than subsequent. Subsequent just means that it comes after something. Consequent means it happens as a consequence of (i.e. because of or as the result of) something.
    I presume the idea is that it will only be possible to build the new lab if fees are increased, so that the borrowed money can be repaid.

Alirezap

Persian
    I presume the idea is that it will only be possible to build the new lab if fees are increased, so that the borrowed money can be repaid.
    Yes, this is exactly what the fact is. So I should use consequent? "... and the consequent tuition fee increase" will be ok?

< Previous | Next >