Subtitles from guardian of the galaxy 2

< Previous | Next >

Golak das

bengali
Gamora - why are there no other beings on this planet.
Mentis - The planet is Ego. A dog would not invite a flea to live on his back.

Live on his back, what does it mean it could either mean living a flea on a dog's backrest or behind him without his knowledge. I think the first one is what speaker wanted to imply.

I can provide more context if needed.

• anthox

English - Northeast US
    It means what it literally says, that a dog would not allow a flea to live on its back. In other words, a dog would not allow a small insect to live on the back part of its body. I feel like you are confusing "live" with "leave" based on what you've written.

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    I don't understand what you mean by backrest. Chairs have backrests. Dogs have backs.
    When a dog is standing on all four feet, its back is on top, and horizontal. It is the favourite place where fleas like to live, inside the fur, on the skin.

Golak das

bengali
    I
    It means what it literally says, that a dog would not allow a flea to live on its back. In other words, a dog would not allow a small insect to live on the back part of its body. I feel like you are confusing "live" with "leave" based on what you've written.
    I was confused with the word back, but now it's clear to me and also, I guessed it right.

< Previous | Next >