such situation has aroused [arisen] from the vessel

< Previous | Next >

mamita01

Spanish
can somebody help me in defining what does this phrase means?
"We can say that such situation has aroused from the Vessel and it is out of COMPANY control"
THANKS

• panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Hello mamita01, and welcome to WordReference :)

Situations usually arise, not arouse.
    Perhaps it should be "... situation has arisen from the Vessel ..."

I don't understand the sentence as a whole - I don't know what "Vessel" means in this context.
    Can you give us some background and perhaps another sentence or two before this one?

mamita01

Spanish
    Hi panjandrum
    the whole sentence says
    We can say that such situation has aroused from the Vessel and it is out of Company control.
    it means that the `purpose of the situation comes from the vessel???

mamita01

Spanish
    is a ship, tanker!

the problem was/is that the other party is claiming us to pay an amount and we understood that not payment shall be made since a leak was in the Vessel and as consequence we have a safety issue with a third party. so we used arouse instead of arise

Elwintee

England English
    is a ship, tanker!

the problem was/is that the other party is claiming us to pay an amount and we understood that not payment shall be made since a leak was in the Vessel and as consequence we have a safety issue with a third party. so we used arouse instead of arise
    Panjandrum is right in his post #2, 'arisen' is the verb you need. 'Arouse' means to wake someone (as from sleep), or to provoke to anger or some other emotion (we also speak of 'sexual arousal').
    Instead of:
    "such situation has aroused from the Vessel and it is out of Company control." I would suggest:
    "the situation has arisen as a result of the vessel's condition, and is out of Company control [or "is not the responsibility of the Company"].

< Previous | Next >