suck me back that way

Piccheppo

Italian
Salve. Mi scuso se sto infrangendo qualche regolamento. È la prima volta. Mi chiedevo chi potesse aiutarmi nella traduzione di "to suck (sb.) back". Grazie

• rrose17

Canada, English
    Hi and welcome to the forum. You should look at the forum rules before posting. :) You need to give some sort of context; did you read this?did you hear this? Where? And you also need to attempt a translation yourself before any of us can offer assistance.

Piccheppo

Italian
    Ok. Leggerò tutte le regole. :) Comunque l'espressione è di Joni Mitchell, tratta dal brano "Hejira" dall'album omonimo. Parla del suo strano rapporto con l'amore ...che prima o poi "suck me back that way".

rrose17

Canada, English
    This is a poetic expression, I'd say invented by the songwriter, to express her inability to resist the pull that love had on her. How would you try to say this in Italian?

Piccheppo

Italian
    I was thinking to something like: "fin quando l'amore non si impossesserà di nuovo di me in quel modo" (Until love sucks me back that way)

Piccheppo

Italian
    I could copy here my translation, if It could be of some help to you ...and, first of all, to me :)
    I adore Joni Mitchell and her way of editing.

< Previous | Next >