Suicidal thoughts

< Previous | Next >
  • COS

Span
    Aunque no sea tan literal también podrías decir "tendencias suicidas". Diría que esta última se usa más amenudo.

COS

Max_3_16

Español, Chile
    Aunque no sea tan literal también podrías decir "tendencias suicidas". Diría que esta última se usa más amenudo.

COS
    Pero tener pensamientos suicidas es diferente a tener tendencias suicidas.

But to have "pensamientos suicidas" is different to have "tendencias suicidas".

The last one, often has Suicidal Thoughts.

Venezuelan_sweetie

Venezuela --> Spanish -or something alik
    But to have "pensamientos suicidas" is different to have than (from) having "tendencias suicidas". (Do I make sense in the correction?)
    I agree! Tendencias is so much more than pensamientos! Las tendencias se alimentan de pensamientos, cierto... pero tener pensamientos suicidas no necesariamente hace a alguien con tendencias suicidas...

gonza_arg

Español-Argentina
    Hello. "Tendencias suicidas", "Pensamientos suicidas" or "ideas suicidas".
    In Argentina we use the 3 expressions. The first one, sounds more like a medical speech and the last two, sound more as if them were colloquial expressions.
    I also agree with Max_3_16.
    Gonza.

Oculto04

Spain-Spanish
    Hello. "Tendencias suicidas", "Pensamientos suicidas" or "ideas suicidas".
    In Argentina we use the 3 expressions. The first one, sounds more like a medical speech and the last two, sound more as if them were colloquial expressions.
    Gonza.
    I agree, and I think that in fact is the same that other people have said before: "Tendencias suicidas" gives the feeling of being something more permanent, like a kind of mental illness.

In the normal use I think people usually say "ideas suicidas", but it is not a big problem to use other of there expressions instead.

Greetings

< Previous | Next >