suola di fondazione


English - GB
Hi all, I'm translating a technical piece describing a the structure of a tower.

The technical terminology I'm struggling with here is: suola di fondazione

(it's composed of a plinto isolato di cemento) anyone know the best term to use here? I've seen "sole" used quite a bit but not really "foundation sole".

Thanks so much!

Archie x
  • Hi. Do you have any pictures? The only thing I can come up with at the moment is "footing", but the dictionary translates that as "base fondamenta".
    Another expression is "foundation plate", but I've seen that translated as "platea di fondazione".
    Last edited:


    English - GB
    Hi John,

    In the end I went with "foundation slab", I'm afraid I don't have any pictures. Thank you so much for your help!

    Archie :)
    < Previous | Next >