super users

koch

Russia - Russian
Bonjour,
Je trouve ce terme en tête d'un document officiel (évaluation de la situation d'une famille et des enfants) et je ne comprend pas ce que cela veut dire. Il n'y a rien d'autre sauf :
super users
Tel:
Fax:
Quelqu'un aurait une idée?

• koch

Russia - Russian
    I wish it were; then I wouldn't have written... but it's the same thing on two different files.

Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    Sorry Hildy1, it's not that. It's very official, no inverted comas, no irony.

The use of quotation marks (inverted commas) does not necessarily indicate irony. They are often used when a word or expression is introduced in case it is new to the reader, then not used in subsequent mentions. However, that was just a guess. As you point out, it's hard to know the meaning when there is so little context.

As another wild guess, maybe it refers to something like this:
    In computing, the superuser is a special user account used for system administration.
    Superuser - Wikipedia
    If I understand correctly, ordinary accounts allow people to get information within certain limits; superuser accounts allow access to everything.

koch

Russia - Russian
    That sounds quite appropriate because the document is indeed rather confidential. However, it's in two words rather than one.
    Now, what would it be in French?
    Utilisateurs avertis?

Cath.S.

français de France
    Superuser can be spell either the way I just did or as two words linked with a hyphen, super-user. I've also noticed the current ( as well as nasty, imho) tendency to drop those helpful punctuation marks.