supplementary or complementary activities

bansy

spain
In a Didactic Planning dfor a school, I want to plan some excursions or visits. Which term should I use?

"Supplementary/Complementary activities are those activities organised by the school according to its curricular project during the school timetable and that differ from the actual teaching activities in terms of time, place or the resources."

THANKS!

• yirgster

USA, English
    I think supplementary is better. Complementary is OK. The only issue I can see with supplementary is if someone assumes the activities are optional. But then you can preface it with required.

William Stein

American English
    In a Didactic Planning dfor a school, I want to plan some excursions or visits. Which term should I use?

"Supplementary/Complementary activities are those activities organised by the school according to its curricular project during the school timetable and that differ from the actual teaching activities in terms of time, place or the resources."

THANKS!
    I think "supplementary" or "additional" would be best, because complementary refers to two subsets that form a complete set when joined together, but that's more of a question for the English-only forum unless you give the original Spanish sentence.

< Previous | Next >