Senior Member
Italian, Ligurian
ich glaube, mittlerweile kennen viele dieses nützliche Ding, um sich überall mit einem Laptop-Computer ins Internet einzuloggen. Kennt dabei jemand die genaue entsprechende englische Bezeichnung? I wonder if they really say surf stick....
  • Kurtchen

    Senior Member
    German - Norddeutschland
    Those cheap packages sold in Germany are simple USB dongles with built in SIM cards. I think they are called 3G USB modem adaptors or something. Nothing as snappy as surf stick, though.

    A lot of people simply tether their laptops to their handsets, which is handy if you travel a lot and already have a data plan for your cell. :)


    American English
    From Wikipedia (I had to search, Resa!):
    In computing, PC Card (originally PCMCIA Card) is the form factor of a peripheral interface designed for laptop computers. The PC Card standard (as well as its successor ExpressCard) was defined and developed by a group of companies called the Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA).
    < Previous | Next >