surf the blog web

< Previous | Next >

quietdandelion

Banned
Formosa/Chinese
My student:
One day, I saw a beautiful girl's picture when I surfed the blog web. She has long hair, bright eyes, and sweet smile. I downloaded the picture and planned to date her. I can't wait for dating with her.

My suggestion: the blogs, smiles, and I can't wait to date her. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

• Trisia

Romanian
    A sweet smile is also ok.

About the blogs... is there really a standard way of saying it?

I was surfing through some blogs

I can't wait to date her is indeed correct. Your student should pay more attention in class :)

cycloneviv

English - Australia
    I'd suggest: One day, I saw a beautiful girl's picture when (or while) I surfed the internet. She had long hair, bright eyes and a sweet smile. I downloaded her picture and planned to date her. I can't (or couldn't) wait to date her.

Personally, I wouldn't say "surfed the blogs". I might say "while browsing internet blogs" or something similar, but I think "surfed the internet" is better.

I'm saying "had long hair" because, although she still, we assume, has long hair and all the rest of it, in English we keep the same tense as the overall sentence when saying this kind of thing.

"Smile" should be singular, because she has one smile in the picture, unless she's an alien of some sort!

As far as can't/couldn't goes in the last sentence, I'd use "couldn't", to keep it in the same tense as the rest of the story. "I can't wait to date her" sounds a bit odd, although it would work if the person was still waiting to date her, I suppose.

< Previous | Next >