Swedish: "Hör av dig med post!"

dimhollow

Polish
Hello!
If you wanted to tell someone: "Keep in touch by post!", would you say "Hör av dig med post!"
Does that sound fine in Swedish?

Thanks!
dimhollow

• dimhollow

Polish
    No, it sounds awkward.
    What's the context?
    It's from an Assimil course, and the original sentence is actually: "Hör av dig med flaskpost!", since the theme of this last lesson was sailing and equating it with wading your way through Swedish, till reaching a safe harbour (your language goal).
    I wanted to check whether I could use such a construction with regular post as well.

dimhollow

Polish
    Should I use the preposition "via" rather than "med": "via post"?
    Or maybe it should be something like: "Skicka brev och hör av dig [till oss]."

Kim3737

Swedish
    Should I use the preposition "via" rather than "med": "via post"?
    Or maybe it should be something like: "Skicka brev och hör av dig [till oss]."
    I guess you could say "Hör av dig via brev", or "Kontakta oss via brev" if you want to be more formal.

dimhollow

Polish
    Actually I wanted to use this sentence but without the "message in a bottle" part, which isn't that useful anyway.
    My aim is to ask the listener to drop me a line by what you might call "snail mail" (vanligt post). It isn't supposed to sound formal though.

Abbe

Swedish
    "Skriv!", or "Glöm inte att skriva" works if the person you are talking to knows that you want him/her to write a letter (and not an e-mail, or an sms)