Swedish: som meddelar försäkring med sparandemoment

Gavril

English, USA
The Swedish term moment seems to have a widespread technical and/or bureaucratic meaning that doesn't straightforwardly correspond to any familiar concept in English (at least, none that I've been able to find so far).

Take the following example, from a description of an insurance policy package:

Av kundavtalet framgår bland annat vem arbetsgivaren är och vilka försäkringar som ingår i dennes kundavtal med [försäkringsbolaget] samt försäkringarnas omfattning med mera. I många fall har [försäkringsbolaget] ett samarbetsavtal med en annan försäkringsgivare, som meddelar försäkring med sparandemoment.

1. Is there an unexpressed object of meddelar? I.e., who is being "informed" of something (if "inform" is the right way to translate meddela here)?

2. sparandemoment = ???

Tak for jeres tid,
Gavril

• Swedish Anna

Swedish, Sweden
    Hejsan!
    In this context meddela means tillhandahålla (offer). Moment can be translated as "element", "constituent", "component"...
    They offer insurance that includes an element of saving.
    I hope that this helps.
    A

Gavril

English, USA
    Thanks.

Since posting this thread, I found a semi-decent English-language version of the text that the quote comes from, which reads as follows:

The customer agreement indicates, among other things, who the employer is and what insurance products are included in its customer agreement with [the insurance company] as well as the scope of the insurance, etc. In many cases, [the insurance company] has a cooperation agreement with another insurance provider that issues insurance with a savings component.

So, another vote for "component" as a translation of moment, at least in this case. :)

Segorian

Icelandic & Swedish
    I believe “savings element”, “savings component” and “savings plan” are all widely used for this in English. The usual term in Swedish is either “sparmoment” or simply “sparande”. The newer “sparandemoment” is perhaps due to influence from “savings…”.