Swedish: someone who walks fast/slow

Språkliga Möten

French
Is there a way to describe a person whose way to walk is faster than me (in face, he walks fast in general)? when we walk together, he would walk way ahead?

Perhaps, hans sätt att gå är snabbare än mig. När vi går tillsammans, han brukar vara framme längre.

• Ogago

Swedish
    "Hans sätt att gå är snabbare än mig." Doesn't sound good. You compare "hans sätt att gå" with "mig". It would rather be "...snabbar än mitt (sätt att gå)". But not even that sounds ok.
    Why not rewrite it a bit, and we'll get: "Han brukar gå snabbare än jag." or "...än jag gör." this is how i would express myself.

"När vi går tillsammans, han brukar vara framme längre." is unclear. Do you mean that he reach the place you two is aiming for, or do you mean that he is constantly ahead of you? Don't forget the correct order of "han" and "brukar" in this sentence..
    I would suggest "När vi går tillsammans brukar han komma fram före mig" or "När vi går tillsammans brukar han alltid gå före/framför mig."
    "Han brukar komma fram före mej när vi går tillsammans." is equally good. Observe again the order of "han" and "brukar".

On the other hand, if you write these two sentence, according to my suggestions, one after the other, a "brukar" in each sentence should perhaps be avoided. Perhaps someone else can propose a better way to rewrite it?

Lugubert

Han går snabbare än mig, så när vi ger oss iväg samtidigt, brukar han komma fram först.

I specify that you start together. "När vi går tillsammans ... före mig" feels lika a contradiction: if he gets there before you, you haven't been walking together.

abdulwahid

Nordic
    Han går med snabba steg...
    Han går i rask takt...
    Han går fort...

For the second part I would use: "och jag hamnar alltid på efterkälken" (and I always lag behind) or "och jag hinner inte med" (and I can't catch up)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >