sweep across

deny80

Italian - Italy
This is about audio effects:

[In modulation effects,] the delay time is varied over time to make the comb filter sweep across the frequency response.

My try:

Il tempo di ritardo varia nel tempo, in modo che il filtro comb possa avere effetto sulla risposta in frequenza.

Did I get the right meaning?

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi,

[In modulation effects,] the delay time is varied over time to make the comb filter sweep across the frequency response.

In this context "sweep across" means to go from the lowest frequency to the highest frequency.
    Other examples:
    We are going to sweep across all the frequencies from 2 to 20 gigahertz to find the source of the radiation.
    He swept across all the frequencies in the UHF band and couldn't find the radio station.

The general sense of the phrase is "...in modo che il filtro comb passa attraverso tutte le frequenze nellla risposta in frequenza."
    ??????

deny80

Italian - Italy
    So, is this right?

Il tempo di ritardo varia nel tempo, in modo che il filtro comb possa avere effetto su tutta la gamma di frequenze della risposta in frequenza.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I think that captures the meaning.

...so that the comb filter can have its effect across the entire range of frequencies of the frequency response.

Fergbot

Italian

My try:

Il tempo di ritardo varia nel tempo, in modo che il filtro comb possa avere effetto fare una scansione completa della risposta in frequenza.

:)