synonym of gained experience in

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would like to please ask you with what expression you can replace that in bold in the following:
(In the course of my academic and professional experience,) I have gained experience in designing, assessing, operating and maintaining processing and mechanical equipment, etc.

• Packard

USA, English
    "Gained" does not express any concrete idea. So I would not choose a synonym, but rather pin down the idea.

I have [some, a little, extensive] experience in...

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    "Gained" does not express any concrete idea. So I would not choose a synonym, but rather pin down the idea.

I have [some, a little, extensive] experience in...

Hi Packard, and thank you for your reply. And, if you use: I have attained proficiency in designing, assessing, operating and maintaining processing and mechanical equipment, etc., can you omit the adjective some, considerable before proficiency?

Packard

USA, English
    Hi Packard, and thank you for your reply. And, if you use: I have attained proficiency in designing, assessing, operating and maintaining processing and mechanical equipment, etc., can you omit the adjective some, considerable before proficiency?

If it is an accurate assessment of your skill set, then yes. Please note the "proficiency" is a higher level of skill than "considerable proficiency".

Or you can detail what your skill set includes (if this is an important part of your resume).

For example this invented paragraph:

I have maintained both electrical and mechanical aspects of grain feeding machinery and I have designed new and improved grain feeding machines. In the redesign phase I had to assess what was working well and those areas that needed improvement. The work required mastery of both mechanical devices and solid state electronic devices.