Synonym of Porta cabin


Senior Member
Dear all

what is the place, where a group of workers at certain factory may spend the night (without going home) or get a nap before night shift, called?
If you want to name a place that is not " porta cabin", a fixed building, what it is called?

Thanks in advance!
  • JamesM

    Senior Member
    I don't think "bunkhouse" would be strange, either, at least in American English. That is assuming that the building has that single function. "Sleeping quarters" would be a good generic choice, in my opinion.