Synonyms for as far as I know

stevepham

vietnam
Hi, guys. I would be happy if you guys could help me with the synonyms of the phrase "as far as I know".
I don't, besides as far as I known", know any other expressions for "as far as I know". I made my own examples. But I do not know if it's native or common used.

1) As much as I remember,.............
2) If I don't remember wrong,.........

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    "as far as I know" = to my knowledge

It's more about "knowing" than "remembering".

"as far as I know" = in my mind

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    We say (1) as "As far as I remember" and (2) as "If I remember correctly". ;)

But both refer to things we did at one one time definitely know, whereas "As far as I know" denotes something we're not entirely sure of. So they're not really synonyms.

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    Hi everybody
    How about "as far as I'm concerned"?
    Five years ago, in the following thread @ewie mentioned in the comment #4 they mean the same. Are they or there are some nuances (focused on AmE)?

To my knowledge, "as far as I'm concerned" implies that there are opposing points of view.
    "As far as I'm concerned" can sound more negative in real life conversation.
    It adds the idea of my own self-interest, not only my thoughts.
    It is usually used when the speaker is being dismissive of the person or thing being discussed and could be glossed with "I don't care ... "

Last edited:

Tower of Babel

USA
    USA (American English)
    To my knowledge, "as far as I'm concerned" implies that there are opposing points of view.
    "As far as I'm concerned" can sound more negative in real life conversation.
    It adds the idea of my own self-interest, not only my thoughts.
    It is usually used when the speaker is being dismissive of the person or thing being discussed and could be glossed with "I don't care ... "
    @A-friend Your analysis is very accurate.

As an example, suppose two people are together at a park. Person A wants to go home, but Person B wants to stay at the park longer. If Person A is willing to go home alone, he might say to Person B, "You can stay at the park if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm going home now."

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    @A-friend Your analysis is very accurate.

As an example, suppose two people are together at a park. Person A wants to go home, but Person B wants to stay at the park longer. If Person A is willing to go home alone, he might say to Person B, "You can stay at the park if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm going home now."
    Thank you TB
    Just may I know how would you interpret your own offered example in another words?
    Also, please let me know whether this is the only derived prosody of the expression at hand?

Tower of Babel

USA
    USA (American English)
    "You can stay at the park if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm going home now."
    @A-friend Here is another way to express that feeling in different words –
    "You can decide for yourself. Stay at the park if you want, but I'm going home now."

As you noted, these expressions can sound rather negative in real life. They indicate that the person is frustrated and is ready to argue or fight if the discussion continues.

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    @A-friend Here is another way to express that feeling in different words –
    "You can decide for yourself. Stay at the park if you want, but I'm going home now."
    As you noted, these expressions can sound rather negative in real life. They indicate that the person is frustrated and is ready to argue or fight if the discussion continues.
    Wow, great explanation @Tower of Babel
    May I ask you to provide me with another example and your interpretation over it?
    That would be of great help.
    Thank you over and over again.