Syntax

vagpap

greek
Hello people!

I would like to ask if the syntax in the following sentence is valid: "We have noticed thus far a new kind of power emerging in modernity in the form of a biopower the essential feature of it being the norm."

Thanx

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    Which specific part of the sentence is troubling you, vagpap? Also, could you perhaps explain the meaning of the sentence a little :)?
    (I'm assuming you wrote it yourself.)

perpend

Banned
    American English
    I would like to ask if the syntax in the following sentence is valid: "We have noticed thus far a new kind of power emerging in modernity in the form of a biopower the essential feature of it being the norm."
    With a comma, I think the syntax is fine.

We have noticed thus far a new kind of power emerging in modernity in the form of a biopower >- , -< the essential feature of it being the norm."

boozer

Bulgarian
    What is 'a biopower'? :confused: How can 'norm' be the essential feature of anything? :confused:

I do not understand the sentence out of context and I suspect that even in context I may have issues with it...

Otherwise a coordinating 'with' is not necessary after 'biopower' and in fact it may be spoiling the already incomprehensible sentence. :D

< Previous | Next >