System diagnostic

Jin akashini

vietnamese
Hi every one,

I am reading a ToR (terms of reference) and find the phrase " System diagnostic " really difficult to understand. I guess it is kind of material or report but I can not imagine what it is or looks like and the purpose of "system diagnostic" :((( "I'm gonna crazy

Please help me to understand it.

Here is link for ToR in which the phrase "System diagnostic" is described.

file:///C:/Users/Ngoc%20Anh/Downloads/RISE-ToR-research-2015-06-rev%20(2).pdf

Thanks a lot,

Last edited:
  • Egmont

English - U.S.
    There is no link in your post. I know what a system diagnostic normally is, but the explanation depends on the context so the link (or at least a complete sentence or two that contain the phrase) would be really helpful.

Myridon

English - US
    The link is to a file on your computer. We can't access the file unless it is available on the Internet.

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    I think you should access by coping my link and pasting to google ? I think that you can not click to the link directly, is it ok ?

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    Oh, I think it is not what i am looking for, here I am trying to understand, "a systems diagnostic" in Education, Sorry for the failed link,

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Oh, I think it is not what i am looking for, here I am trying to understand, "a systems diagnostic" in Education, Sorry for the failed link,
    This context helps :eek: - it should have been in the first post :(
    A diagnostic tool is not restricted to computers - doctors use them on people:)
    In this case it seems to mean a tool for assessing some aspect of the education "system"

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    Hi :) thanks for your help, below is the paragraph in which a systems diagnostic is mentioned, hope that you will understand more clearly about this phrase, (this concept is very new in my country)

An education system diagnostic will lay the groundwork for the RISE six-year research programme in each country. It will map out features and actors within the education system and how they are supporting or impeding learning progress. System diagnostics will be part of the first and last deliverables of the contract.

Thanks a lot,

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Hi :) thanks for your help, below is the paragraph in which a systems diagnostic is mentioned, hope that you will understand more clearly about this phrase, (this concept is very new in my country)

An education system diagnostic will lay the groundwork for the RISE six-year research programme in each country. It will map out features and actors within the education system and how they are supporting or impeding learning progress. System diagnostics will be part of the first and last deliverables of the contract.

Thanks a lot,
    The paragraph defines the phrase for you. It does not say how it will be done.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    It is a process that will diagnose problems in a system. Here it is an education system. The phrase can also be used about a computer system or any other kind of system.

By the way, any link that starts with file:///C:/ identifies a file on your C drive. Nobody can access it unless they have your computer. A link to anything on the Web starts with http:// or https:// . Those are the only links that other people can use.

< Previous | Next >