Título Propio

Jaimeva

Spanish
Hola, buenos días, me gustaría saber como traducir la siguiente expresión: -desarollo de títulos propios de la Universidad de...- referente a los programas de doctorado de esa universidad.

Un saludo y muchas gracias por adelantado,

Jaime

• frida-nc

English USA
    Nos falta contexto para entender la palabra "desarrollar" relativo a los títulos.

Tal vez, "develop official lists of doctoral titles for the University of ..."

zalacain56

Spain, Spanish
    Hola:
    Yo también estoy intentando traducir al inglés Título Propio. Son titulaciones que no están reconocidas por el estado o por la Unión Europea, sino que son propias de la universidad.
    Own Degrees? non-official degrees?
    Gracias por adelantado.

jbyrdmor

USA ENGLISH
    The Universidad de Málaga calls them "non-official" degrees as you can see at TITULACIONES PROPIAS - Titulaciones Propias - Universidad de Málaga. The page (in English) is titled TITULACIONES PROPIAS and underneath it says NON-OFFICIAL DEGREES SERVICE. In the text below you will find a reference to "UMA's non-official degree programmes" and further on it says NON-OFFICIAL MASTER'S COURSES. So, I would go with título propio = non-official degree.

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    "Non-official degree"?
    I've never heard of the term, or the concept, in the U.S.
    Do they have them in an English-speaking European country such as the U.K.?
    Why are three of you asking at the same time?

jbyrdmor

USA ENGLISH
    I found the term "Título Propio" in a certificate I was translating, which said, "... la expedición del diploma correspondiente al Título Propio de “MÁSTER EN GESTIÓN Y DIRECCIÓN DE EMPRESAS” de la Universidad Carlos III de Madrid." I don't know if this is a thing in any English-speaking countries. It certainly is in Spain, at least. As far as I can see, they refer to degree curricula offered by the institution but not officially sanctioned by the Ministry of Education or whatever European Union powers that be, for whatever reason. You can investigate more on that if you are interested; there are some explanations running around the internet.

As to three asks at the same time: I found three different threads asking about the same term, so in an effort to cover all bases and make the solution I found available to anyone who checked any one of those threads, I added it to each. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to do (?), but my heart was in the right place!

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    I wonder if "in-house degree" might be the term we are looking for.
    You can search that phrase online and find examples.

< Previous | Next >