T.V. or music

aigle491

USA English, Russian
What helps you relax more...T.V. or music...?
I personally like music because with some songs you can really feel like the singers "OR" musicians are singing or playing about you.
How about you?
Also...what are your favorite songs and T.V. shows?

• modgirl

USA English
    I loathe the tube though I do not wish to insult anyone who watches it. I'm definitely into music and listen to it for many purposes: relatation, energy (for jogging), studying, and just anything to put me in the proper mood for what I'm doing.

smorodina

UK
    Russian
    Modgirl, here in the UK we call undeground "the tube", so when I started reading your post, I though that you hate "the tube", which is fair enough, most people do))) well, I glanced at the top right corner of your post and everything became clear
    icon7.gif

I would defenitely choose music over television. I could live without the box (have done), can't even imagine living without music
    icon11.gif

modgirl

USA English
    Privet smorodina! Actually, I rode the tube a lot this fall! I was in London several times and will probably return in the spring.

kens

Canada - English
    smorodina said:
    Privet to you, too, Modgirl
    icon7.gif

It was a misprint, VenusEnvy.
    It was?

"Underground" is, in fact, the British word for what the Americans call the "subway" (and what we Canadians often call the "metro").

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    VenusEnvy said:
    Huh? You mean "underground"? What is that, like a subway or something? :confused:

Underground (BrE)= Subway (AmE) :p

the Tube UK INFORMAL = London's underground train system

the tube (TELEVISION) MAINLY US