table à rallonge

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by poireau, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. poireau Senior Member

    English, USA
    Bonjour qu'est-ce qu'une "table a rallonge"?

  2. wildan1

    wildan1 Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)

    it's a table with (extra) leaves
  3. liline26 Senior Member

    Rhône-Alpes, France
    French - France

    I would like to know what is the word commonly used in English to translate "une table à rallonge"?
    I found several possible translation, could you please tell me which one(s) is (/are) the most appropriate:
    - Extending table
    - Extension table
    - Extending leaf table
    - Extensible table

    Thank you very much.
  4. Keith Bradford

    Keith Bradford Senior Member

    Brittany, NW France
    English (Midlands UK)
  5. Uncle Bob Senior Member

    British English
    One possibility you missed out and which I use, though it's just a matter of what one's parents called them: "extendable table".
  6. liline26 Senior Member

    Rhône-Alpes, France
    French - France
    All right thanks to both of you!

Share This Page