Table fellowship

lostinitalian

English
How can I translated "table fellowship"? It is used with reference to Luke's Gospel and how Jesus eats with many different types of people, including those that the traditional Jewish laws said that he couldn't. So "fellowship" means more than friendship. The phrase implies inclusion, acceptance, equality.

Thank you!

• Alec71

Italian
    Comunione conviviale o Convivio della comunione.
    I do prefer the latter.
    Convivio is a a sort of ancient banquet with intellectual purposes.
    I think the word "Comunione" can work since it involves the idea to share what you are with a deep emotional impact and participation fed by a total Love and Respect for God.
    At the moment it is the only valid idea I get even if it is not a literal translation.

lostinitalian

English
    "Convivio della comunione" I like this one, as it seems to express the idea of the exchange of ideas and learning that is important. Does it adequately talk about food as well? eating is also important! (at least to me!)

Alec71

Italian
    As I said a Convivio is a sort of banquet so you are supposed to eatthere, but in a convivio .... food is just a pretext to gather people together and talk about relevant topics and share opinions..