tabu-words... using letter-word

Roi Marphille

Catalonia, Catalan.
Hi!
I reckon that there is this (imaginative) way to avoid certain tabu-words;

Some may use "F-word" meaning fuck.
A part from that I know that the "C-word" is cunt ...and I recently learned that the "B-word" is for bomb. Source
here.

Which other letter-words exist?
I guess some people just make it out themselves...

sorry for bad words written. :eek:
cheers
Roi

• Isotta

English, Hodgepodge
    "B-word" would more likely be "bitch," unless you're operating in the context you provided.

Z.

P.S. Also, while not incorrect, "tabu" in English is usually spelled "taboo."

Kelly B

USA English
    "The n-word" means nigger, a pejorative term for a black person. It makes me uncomfortable even to type it out.

Sometimes "bomb" is used to describe the effect that using the actual word has on an audience. That is, "she dropped the f-bomb" means "she said fuck" in an inappropriate setting and people reacted badly.

Brioche

Australia English
    Kelly B said:
    "The n-word" means nigger, a pejorative term for a black person. It makes me uncomfortable even to type it out.

Sometimes "bomb" is used to describe the effect that using the actual word has on an audience. That is, "she dropped the f-bomb" means "she said fuck" in an inappropriate setting and people reacted badly.

The N word is an interesting example of racism.

Whether the N word is taboo or not depends on the race of the person using it. It it used quite freely in rap music.

There's the infamous case of a white city employee in Washington DC who lost his job for using the word 'niggardly'. It was decided that it sounded like the N word!!!

A niggard is a stingy person, a miser. The word has no connexion at all with the N word.