tachograph card

tuntun

France French
Hello everybody!

I would like to translate 'tachograph card' into Italian.

The 'tachograph card' is a card (and it's sometimes a white disk) that you can find inside a lorry. It allows the company or police to know when the driver was driving and when he had a break because according to French law, lorry drivers aren't allowed to drive more than 4 or 5 hours without having a 45-minute break...

Does anyone know if a specific word exist for this in Italian?

Do you think 'un disco' is correct or it's better to say : 'un tachigrafo (analogico)'??

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=...afo&um=1&hl=fr&rlz=1R2ADFA_frGB346&tbs=isch:1

Sapete se c'è una differenza tra 'un disco' e 'un tachigrafo analogico'??

Forse, il termine più vicino a 'tachograph card' is 'tachigrafo digitale' ma non sono sicura... :(

Altrimenti, ecco il contesto in cui mi piacerebbe utilizzare la parola
'tachograph card':

ENGL: 'I had to deal with lorry drivers' tachograph cards.'

ITAL : "Dovevo gestire i dischi degli autisti dell'impresa."

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

• Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Ciao tuntun!

Secondo il Regolamento CE 561 del 11/04/2006 viene definito come "foglio (circolare) di registrazione".

Bye,

Benzene

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I'll throw a wrench in the works...

In AE the most common form would be "log" "log book" or "driver's log", and based on the comments above, I would assume that in Italy, a written log would be the most common.

Would the driver's log be something like "registro del autotrasportatore"?

I'll throw a wrench in the works...

In AE the most common form would be "log" "log book" or "driver's log", and based on the comments above, I would assume that in Italy, a written log would be the most common.

Would the driver's log be something like "registro dell'autotrasportatore"?
    Yes, something written by the truck driver.
    This tachograph card is the truck speed log. The driver has no access to it to prevent tampering.

A tachograph is a device that records a vehicle's speed over time. Usually fitted to lorries behind the speedometer, a tachograph records the lorry's speed and whether it is moving or stationary. The mechanical tachograph uses a stylus to plot a line on a moving paper disk that rotates throughout the day, where one rotation encompasses 24 hours. However, these are vulnerable to tampering, and so are being replaced by electronic tachographs which record data on smart cards. Tachographs are mandatory for lorries in some jurisdictions and drivers can be required to produce them on demand by transport authorities who are charged with enforcing regulations governing drivers' working hours.