Tackle/address an issue

Luis.Olias

Spanish, Spain
Hello,

I am wondering what the difference is between "tackling an issue" and "addressing an issue".

I thank in advance all the replies. :)

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please give us the complete sentence in which you would use the phrase, with some context, so we can provide accurate answers.

Luis.Olias

Spanish, Spain
    Thanks Florentia.

That is the complete sentence, I made it up, I was studying the verb "tackle" and I already knew "address" , and wanted to know the difference.

Thanks again.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It is possible to use either "tacking an issue" or "addressing an issue" in a grammatically correct sentence, but the phrases themselves are not complete sentences. We need an example sentence, and some context, in order to tell you which version is best for the situation you have in mind.

Luis.Olias

Spanish, Spain
    Maybe this could help as a context ? :

*Context : A person is really unhappy with his flatmate's behavior. His father advises:

-"My son, I think you could tackle that issue with your flatmate in a polite manner, you don't need to be rude to solve it."

( I just made it up ) :)

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    In that context, I think "tackle" and "address" would have the same meaning, and you could use either one. "Tackle" here perhaps indicates that the father has some sympathy for the son's situation.

< Previous | Next >