tackle vital national issues

Mher85

Armenian
I find it difficult to choose between these versions. Which of them seems more appropriate to you?

1. ...tackling vital national issues....
2. ...tackling the issues which are of vital national importance....
3. ...tackling the issues which are of vital importance to our people....
4. ...tackling (the) issues of vital national importance....

Here is the context: "Throughout nearly two and a half decades of our independent statehood, you, the diplomats, have brought your important contribution to the strengthening of our country’s international standing, tackling vital national issues and to the efforts aimed at ensuring Armenia’s national security."

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    Hmmm. I think I see your drift. I use "towards" sometimes. I might use "crucial", but I think "vital" is okay. It's a style choice.

My version:

Throughout nearly two and a half decades of our independent statehood, you, the diplomats, have brought your important contribution towards the strengthening of our country’s international standing, tackling crucial/vital national issues, and towards the efforts aimed at ensuring Armenia’s national security.

Hope that makes sense.

Mher85

Armenian
    Hmmm. I think I see your drift. I use "towards" sometimes. I might use "crucial", but I think "vital" is okay. It's a style choice.

My version:

Throughout nearly two and a half decades of our independent statehood, you, the diplomats, have brought your important contribution towards the strengthening of our country’s international standing, tackling crucial/vital national issues, and towards the efforts aimed at ensuring Armenia’s national security.

Hope that makes sense.
    Yes, it sounds good to me. Is it mandatory to put comma after "issues"?

< Previous | Next >