taglio fotografico

entrapta

Italian
taglio fotografico

Sfruttando al massimo le potenzialità del ‘taglio’ fotografico sul piano temporale e spaziale giunge a una visione che più si fa essenziale e intensa ...
It's about a photo artwork and the way photography can portray reality I guess... I wouldn't know how to translate "taglio".... I think it's nort framing here, but rather the way the photo captures a slice of reality....or something... "By fully exploiting the potentiality of ....:(

• jepsonclough

English - England
    The literal translation of taglio in photography would be crop or cropping (i.e. the removal of unwanted parts at the edges of the image). There is a group on Flickr called Taglio Fotografico where the photos appear to have been cropped to focus on their essence as you describe.

jepsonclough

English - England
    But I think that if you look at the Flickr group you will see the use of cropping to produce "una visione che più si fa essenziale e intensa". Cropping is not mere resizing but the removal of the inessential to give an intense image of the essential. There's quite a good article on the artistic use of cropping here

entrapta

Italian
    Ok now the author of the sentece told me that : In realtà per 'taglio' fotografico s'intende, diciamo così, l'inquadratura stessa, ovvero il fatto che tutte le volte che si scatta una foto una porzione di realtà viene inquadrata e tutto il resto, appunto, tagliato fuori So I think it refers to the word "frame" or framing, stressing the opposition between what is caught inside and what is left outside...

jepsonclough

English - England
    Ok now the author of the sentece told me that : In realtà per 'taglio' fotografico s'intende, diciamo così, l'inquadratura stessa, ovvero il fatto che tutte le volte che si scatta una foto una porzione di realtà viene inquadrata e tutto il resto, appunto, tagliato fuori So I think it refers to the word "frame" or framing, stressing the opposition between what is caught inside and what is left outside...

OK - so framing is done in camera when you compose the shot and also afterwards when you crop the original image so I would agree that framing is the right word since it covers both parts of the process. Interesting topic - thanks for the opportunity to think about it.