take away the prices and all the polite bullshit

VicNicSor

Russian
A husband and wife in a restaurant. He:
— You know what I love about this place? I'll tell you. You take away the prices and all the polite bullshit and it's just... good food. Plus which, I'm not gonna see any of my friends here.
Final Analysis, film

Does it mean, the prices here are low and the waiters not very polite?
Thanks.

• london calling

UK English
    Actually, it isn't clear what he means about the prices but I assume he means they're high. As for the servers, they're too polite, to the point where it's obvious it isn't sincere: they've been taught to say certain things to customers and their 'politeness' doesn't ring true.

london calling

UK English
    Disregard. It's the context that makes me assume he means the prices are high, as he seems to be saying 'if I forget about the high prices and the overly-polite staff for a minute then what's left is the good food they serve and the fact I don't encounter people I don't want to see here and that's why I like it'.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    Disregard. It's the context that makes me assume he means the prices are high, as he seems to be saying 'if I forget about the high prices and the overly-polite staff for a minute then what's left is the good food they serve and the fact I don't encounter people I don't want to see here and that's why I like it'.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >