Taking the rate of acceleration, ...

< Previous | Next >

thetazuo

Chinese - China
Put simply, the stutters are happening more and more frequently, clearly indicating that the Meyer-Joyce field is breaking down much faster than we thought. Taking the rate of acceleration, we can hypothesize that we might have as little as 24 hours until we reach the End of Time, or the point at which time stops, and no longer starts up again.

Quantum Break, video game

Hi. Does the bold part mean “Taking the rate of acceleration (into consideration)”?
Thank you.

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I agree with lingobingo and kentix. I will just use different words, in case that helps.

Taking the rate of acceleration, we can hypothesize that...
    "Using the rate of acceleration (as an input to our calculation), we can calculate that..."

Of course it is all fictional scientific-sounding nonsense, but the wording is reasonable.

The pianist

English - US
    Put simply, the stutters are happening more and more frequently, clearly indicating that the Meyer-Joyce field is breaking down much faster than we thought. Taking the rate of acceleration, we can hypothesize that we might have as little as 24 hours until we reach the End of Time, or the point at which time stops, and no longer starts up again.

Quantum Break, video game

Hi. Does the bold part mean “Taking the rate of acceleration (into consideration)”?
    Thank you.
    The OP had the best interpretation of all other attempts---- 'into consideration'. However, I doubt if the original author knew what he was talking about. It should be "taking the acceleration into consideration." The 'rate of acceleration' is the first derivative of acceleration, or the 3rd derivative of position, This is called "jerk" in dynamics. I doubt if this game developer even knew about that.

< Previous | Next >