Taking the time to signal

< Previous | Next >

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
Is "Taking the time to signal" = "Taking time to signal"? The latter means "acting without hurry" and I am not sure it is the meaning in this context.

Taking the time to signal
The serotonin receptor 5-HT6R is a GPCR exclusively found in the nervous system that has emerged as a potential therapeutic target in various neurological disorders. Although preliminary studies suggested that 5-HT6R antagonists have procognitive effects, clinical trials have been disappointing. Pujol et al. analyzed the dynamics of 5-HT6R interactions with other proteins and found that after its previously characterized interaction with and phosphorylation by the kinase Cdk5, the 5-HT6R interacted with GPRIN1, a promoter of neurite extension.

Source: Science Signaling 11 Feb 2020
Dynamic interactions of the 5-HT6 receptor with protein partners control dendritic tree morphogenesis | Science Signaling

• Jektor

English (UK)
    Your example text is very technical, and I am not sure how the title relates to the text. But in general terms, to me "taking time to signal" and "taking the time to signal" mean more or less the same thing. But including "the" could indicate that there is only a specific amount of time available in which to act. It would depend on the context.
    forum.wordreference.com - take-time-to - take-the-time-to.2434513
    forum.wordreference.com - q=take+time+to
    forum.wordreference.com - q=take+the+time+to

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    The text describes a new step in the signalling pathway, so the signalling takes "longer" than previously thought. The presence or absence of "the" has no effect on the "cute" headline.

< Previous | Next >