Tamil: கலகலப் ஜனங்கள்

john welch

English-Australian creole
There are 2 forms of each word:
ஜனங்கள் . ஜனங்க .
கலகலப் ஜனங்கள்
கலகலப்பு ஜனங்கள் .
"Collected Writings on Indian Music" by Dr. V. Raghavan is a three volume work running to over a thousand pages.
Sri Kanchi Acharya temple conferred the title Sakala Kala Kalapa for versatility.

" In Malaysia , the Larger Leiden Copper-plate Inscription of Rajaraja I, Epigraphia Indica, Vol XXII at a Buddhist temple of a Kadaram king c.1006 has Sanskrit Section line 73 kala kalapa "the collection of all sciences."

I'm asking about the ways of combining these words , as a robot-translation says கலகலப் ஜனங்கள் is "riot people".
Do you know what the meaning may have been in ancient times?

• Barque

Tamil
    ஜனங்கள் . ஜனங்க .
    The former is the actual word/term and the latter is colloquial. Tamil words often get shortened like this in casual speech.
    கலகலப் ஜனங்கள்
    கலகலப்பு ஜனங்கள் .
    The second sounds more correct than the first.
    "Collected Writings on Indian Music" by Dr. V. Raghavan is a three volume work running to over a thousand pages. Sri Kanchi Acharya temple conferred the title Sakala Kala Kalapa for versatility.
    This appears to be a Sanskrit term, meaning something like "Expert in all arts" which just happens to sound like the Tamil word கலகலப்பு you asked about. The Tamil word means something like excited activity - the sort of atmosphere you might find during during a family reunion for instance.
    " In Malaysia , the Larger Leiden Copper-plate Inscription of Rajaraja I, Epigraphia Indica, Vol XXII at a Buddhist temple of a Kadaram king c.1006 has Sanskrit Section line 73 kala kalapa "the collection of all sciences."
    Maybe this kalapa is a different Sanskrit word meaning collection but has been transliterated the same way as the previous kalapa which means expert.
    as a robot-translation says கலகலப் ஜனங்கள் is "riot people".
    This sounds like an odd combination to me.

aruniyan

Tamil
    Its Sanskrit, and i think you are referring to akhila kalA kalApa - meaning "All art collection" or "known/learned all art forms".

< Previous | Next >