target towards which focus

Parergon

Italiano, Italia
Does the last phrase make sense? If not, how would you reccomend to rephrase it?

These studies underline the importance of planning and programming. The identification of indicators as well as strong correlations highlights the interest in how to design a planning system. In fact, in this perspective, there is a special attention to reliable indicators to show structural conditions of the environment. Such elements are also necessary to forecast trends and to identify a target towards which focus the firm’s strategic decisions.

• winklepicker

English (UK)
    Does the last phrase make sense? If not, how would you reccomend to rephrase it?

These studies underline the importance of planning and programming. The identification of indicators as well as strong correlations highlights the interest in the design of planning systems. In fact, in this perspective, there is a special attention to reliable indicators to show structural conditions of the environment. Such elements are also necessary to forecast trends and to identify a target towards which to focus the firm’s strategic decisions.

It's not elegant, even so - and straying close to gobbledegook.

(Thank you, Parergon, for your exemplary use of context.)

Dimcl

Canadian English

These studies underline the importance of planning and programming. The identification of indicators as well as strong correlations highlights the interest in how to design a planning system. In fact, in this perspective, there is a special attention (paid/on?) to reliable indicators to show structural conditions of the environment. Such elements are also necessary to forecast trends and to identify a target/focus towards which focus for the firm’s strategic decisions.

I hope this helps.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    These studies underline the importance of planning and programming.

The identification of indicators as well as strong correlations ...
    OK so far, if I assume that indicators and strong correlations have been explained earlier.
    I wonder why "as well as"? Rationalising, it has to be to avoid "The identification of ..." being thought to apply to "strong correlations".

... highlights ...
    Oh, now I'm in trouble. Why the singular verb?
    Either the verb is wrong or "The identification of" applies to both the above.

... the interest in how to design a planning system.
    More trouble. How do you highlight interest in something?

For comments on the last phrase, see the end of this post.

In fact, in this perspective, ...
    What is this perspective?

there is a special attention to reliable indicators ...
    More mystery.

... to show structural conditions of the environment.
    I don't know what those could be.

Such elements are also necessary to forecast trends and to identify a target ...
    If I know what these "elements" were, that should be OK.

towards which focus the firm’s strategic decisions.
    What is the subject of the verb "focus"?
    And surely you want to focus the firm's strategic decisions "on" something, not towards?