T'as juste à m'appeler

mysteriouscreep

English
Ceci veut dire quoi ? Parce que je traduisais comme You simply have to call me mais n'utiliserais-on pas "devoir", comme Tu dois juste à m'appeler ?

• mysteriouscreep

English
    Then I don't understand the context. The whole sentence is T'as juste à m'appeler et je suis prête à décoller which I deduced meant You simply have to call me and I am ready to take off. There's only one way to say Have to in French, I believe? So what is the formation for "invitation" then?

Blancheneige

Switzerland - French
    Then I don't understand the context. The whole sentence is T'as juste à m'appeler et je suis prête à décoller which I deduced meant You simply have to call me and I am ready to take off. There's only one way to say Have to in French, I believe? So what is the formation for "invitation" then?
    What about "Just call me, I'll be ready to take off" ?

zazap

Canada, French and English
    It's not exactly an invitation, but by saying "t'as juste à m'appeler", the person is saying that it's "easy". And that's what makes it sound like an invitation. I hope this explanation is clear enough...

jetman

English - USA
    You won't believe it. You just have to see it.

Tu vas pas y croire. T'as juste à le voir.

Sont-elles bonnes ces traductions ?

sacchan71

France, French
    Here "t'as juste à" means "all you have to do is" or "you just have to". Does it sound like an obligation in English? En français, on pourrait encore dire "tu n'as qu'à".

mgarizona

US - American English
    To use the staple from old song lyrics:

All you have to do is call (me).

Word-for-word translation is also understandable:

You have only to call me.
    You have but to call me.

< Previous | Next >