Teachers' lecture details [lesson plan notebook?]

Lun-14

Banned
Hindi
Hi,
In some private schools, there's a register/notebook in which teachers, after the end of the school, note down the details of their next day lectures (i.e. which lesson(s)/part of the lesson they will teach and what will be assigned to students as their homework). This is called "the lesson plan". I'm not sure what I should call this register/notebook in which this lesson plan is noted down.

Lesson plan notebook?

I don't know if this is the same in the UK/US schools, but I am sure there's a specific word for it.

Thanks.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I've taught, but I've never heard of a specific word for the place in which those might be stored. In my experience, they tend not to be standardized as attendance books are. They are designed by individual teachers, or perhaps a school will establish a system format for the school as a whole.

london calling

UK English
    I've taught, but I've never heard of a specific word for the place in which those might be stored. In my experience, they tend not to be standardized as attendance books are. They are designed by individual teachers, or perhaps a school will establish a system format for the school as a whole.
    Same here: I taught for 10 years and I was never asked to note down my lesson plan for the next day by any school.

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    You're both lucky. Here most of the private schools will ask you not only to make lesson plans in your lesson plan diary/log book but also to get them signed by the principal once a week/month.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >