Tear this place apart

• te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    Antonio said:
    Hi Group,

What does "We're going to tear this place apart" mean?
    HI Antonio;
    It is said when someone is looking for something...si in order to find "it" they tear the place apart...search through drawers, rip things apart...leave a huge mess..
    At least that is my version...
    te gato;)

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    So, if I said "to tear someone apart" or "tear me apart" means to criticize me or my work, and find all my faults, right?

"to tear this place apart" is not the same thing as "Let's rock this place"

If I'm right or wrong, please let me know.

te gato

Antonio said:
    So, if I said "to tear someone apart" or "tear me apart" means to criticize me or my work, and find all my faults, right?

"to tear this place apart" is not the same thing as "Let's rock this place"

If I'm right or wrong, please let me know.
    Antonio;
    Yes to tear me apart--is to hurt, find faults...
    "Let's rock this place is ---to have FUN...
    I am not to sure if to tear this place apart has a slang version..I will try and find out....be back..

te gato;)

Benjy

English - English
    actually when i say lets tear this place apart the first thing i thought of was in a concert setting "lets raise the roof/rock this place etc.."

maybe its a brit thing? i dunno..

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    te gato, I don't want to be rude or sound rude, because first off, we're all here to learn, am i right? no offence, but what does "Let's rock this b..tch" means?

I'm really sorry te gato to say it, but I need to know, what does this phrase means, to be able to understand, what they are talking about?

te gato

Antonio said:
    te gato, I don't want to be rude or sound rude, because first off, we're all here to learn, am i right? no offence, but what does "Let's rock this b..tch" means?

I'm really sorry te gato to say it, but I need to know, what does this phrase means, to be able to understand, what they are talking about?
    Antonio;
    It is ok....I'm pretty liberal..no offence taken..:D
    Same as lets rock this place...to have fun

te gato;)

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    Thanks te gato, but you haven't answer my question, what does "Let's rock this b...ch" means? and by the way, speaking of the word "rock" what does "rock on" and "rock out" mean? Are they're different one to each other or not?

te gato

Antonio said:
    Thanks te gato, but you haven't answer my question, what does "Let's rock this b...ch" means? and by the way, speaking of the word "rock" what does "rock on" and "rock out" mean? Are they're different one to each other or not?
    Hi Antonio;
    Ummm, yes I did actually...in the posting above yours..
    "Let's rock this b...ch"
    ---Same as lets rock this place...to have fun

As for Rock on...being a Concert rat..we said that just to mean the same as the rest---To have fun..."Hey buddy rock on!"
    as for rock out...I have no Idea..
    te gato;)

gaer

US-English
    Antonio said:
    Antonio, I'm not sure if anyone has answered your question, but if not, it's your own fault because you gave NO CONTEXT.

You have to remember that many English idioms have many different meanings, and there are regional differences. If you keep asking the same question, and you don't get an answer that you can understand, try giving us more information, please.

G

nmgadb

English - US
    I agree, I think if you put it into context that we can be more helpful to you.

Nevertheless, I will give you my 2 cents worth. I agree with tegato. I could also see the phrase "rock on" used to help show positive exclamation:

Person 1: "Hey man, I just won the lottery!"
    Person 2: "Rock on dude, that's awsome!"

I don't know what to say about "rock out" but I'm sure with more context we'll be able to tell you more.

-N8