"technical" and "technological"

Discussion in 'English Only' started by qizi, Aug 10, 2009.

  1. qizi Senior Member

    Could you tell me the main difference between "technical" and "technological"?
    Many firms, for instance, have great difficulty in obtaining technical or scientific books from libraires because they are unwilling to have their names entered as having taken out such and such a book, for fear... ——The Social Function of Science, written by J.D. Bernal
    I want to ask where the difference lies between "technical book" and "technological book".
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. bibliolept

    bibliolept Senior Member

    Northern California
    AE, Español
    "Technological" basically refers to machines, processes, technology. "Technical" can refer to any sort of specialized or complex knowledge or subjects.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  3. greg from vancouver

    greg from vancouver Senior Member

    vancouver, canada
    Canada, Vancouver
    Not sure if you meant to repeat yourself. I think 'technological' would fit 'machines, processes, and technology'.
  4. Juri Senior Member

    Koper, near Trieste
    Examples are usually useful.

    Technical assistance, tecnical analysis, technical education, t.terms,t.school, t.college, t.foul, t.knockout...
    Technologic(al) change, developement, technological gap...
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009

Share This Page