technique de l'anguille

AnnaPascale

English
Hi everyone,

I came across this phrase in a document and I have no idea what it could mean. I've searched online but haven't found anything that would make sense.

Sentence: C’est là-dessus que vous pourrez vous appuyer par la suite (que la technique de l’anguille ne commence pas dès le début).

Context: All the information the person needs will be found on the website. Going forward, they should use the website... (to stop the "technique de l'anguille" from happening).

Any help please?

Thank you!

• AnnaPascale

English
    Sure, it's:
    Faire signer les documents suivants, qui se trouvent sur le site web.
    C’est là-dessus que vous pourrez vous appuyer par la suite (que la technique de l’anguille ne commence pas dès le début).

iuytr

french
    Very informal. "Filer comme une anguille" or "glissant comme une anguille" are very common expressions, i can understand technique de l'anguille as a behaviour like delaying answer, not respecting engagement or trying to escape any formal engagement while doing as if, anything to avoid being stuck in a particular situation ...The exact meaning depends of the context.
    "Technique" induces the suspicion that this is perfectly planed. This is reinforced by "ne commence pas dès le début" : the author anticipates this kind of behaviour.