telescoping slides

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by beijo15, Mar 17, 2013.

  1. beijo15 New Member

    Enlglish- USA
    I'm looking to translate the phrase "telescoping slides" into Spanish. It has to do with the apparatus that allows you to open and close a drawer.
  2. jsvillar Senior Member

    Spanish - Spain
    I would call them 'guías telescópicas' or 'rieles telescópicos'. Unless it is clear you are talking about a drawer, you have to add 'de cajones' or say 'guías de cajones telescópicas' (it is as in English, I couldn't understand your question until you mentionned the drawers, because the word 'slide' has many meanings).
  3. beijo15 New Member

    Enlglish- USA
    Thanks for the quick response!

Share This Page