Tell of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ

Oros

Korean
One of the most senior bishops of the worldwide Orthodox Church, the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria, Petros VII, has died after a helicopter crash off the coast of Greece.

The Patriarch was born in Cyprus in 1949.

His links to the church in Alexandria go back to 1970, when he was first ordained a deacon.

He was elected Patriarch in 1997.

Patriarch Petros was the head of a church which traces its origins back to St Mark, the author of one of the four Christian gospels which tell of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ

The last sentence of the above is incorrect.

Christian gospels which tell of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

It is not necessary to say 'tell of the life and ministry.

The word 'of' is a typo.

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Please pardon me for asking Oros, but what is the point of this post?
    Are you inviting a discussion or debate about the grammatical correctness of the statements you present?

regards,
    Cuchufléte

Oros

Korean
    Cuchefete

I am not inviting for a debate. I thought it was wrong. Therefore I posted here to get the answer from the horse's mouth. I don't know each and every aspect of the English language and it is my understanding the many who answers are experts.

However, our friend 'the tree' says it is correct. Could you tell me more? I can't understand.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Oros said:
    Cuchefete

I am not inviting for a debate. I thought it was wrong. Therefore I posted here to get the answer from the horse's mouth. I don't know each and every aspect of the English language and it is my understanding the many who answers are experts.

However, our friend 'the tree' says it is correct. Could you tell me more? I can't understand.
    Greetings Oros,
    None of us is sufficiently 'expert' to have all of the answers. Each of us has something to contribute to the discussion. I find nothing grammatically wrong with the citation, but others may disagree and provide their reasons, logic and facts.

regards,
    Cuchufléte

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    the tree said:
    If you are, then may I point out that it's grammaticaly perfect.
    The tree-
    You may have noticed a change in your signature. I have deleted the links to commercial web sites. The forums are intended to be totally non-commercial. If you are interested in posting a link, you may have part of your signature linked to your personal profile, and list your personal homepage url there.

We do our very best to keep these pages free from commercial intrusions, and ask that you fully cooperate.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration,
    Cuchufléte

Oros

Korean
    cuchuflete

You are always welcome to prune my messages. I have no intention to use this site for commercial advertisements whatsoever.

I am just trying to learn some English. As you mentioned, we will not find perfect people who knows everything. Everybody could contribute with what they know about English grammar.

Focalist

European Union, English
    Oros (or may I call you Berg? ;)),

to tell = erzählen
    to tell of = erzählen von / sprechen von

F

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Oros said:
    cuchuflete

You are always welcome to prune my messages. I have no intention to use this site for commercial advertisements whatsoever.

I am just trying to learn some English. As you mentioned, we will not find perfect people who knows everything. Everybody could contribute with what they know about English grammar.
    Oros, thanks, but I don't prune messages. I simply informed "The tree" that his signature had been changed, to remove two advertising URLs that linked to external sites. His messages remain exactly as he wrote them.

Yours also...!
    Cuchu

< Previous | Next >