terapia antiaggregante

jacc

spanish
Can´t find the exact meaning of this text:

La doppia terapia antiaggregante debe essere assunta in modo continuativo e per itempi previsti per ridurre il rischio di nuovi eventi trombotici.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    La doppia terapia antiaggregante debe essere assunta in modo continuativo e per itempi previsti per ridurre il rischio di nuovi eventi trombotici.

Double antiplatelet therapy should be continuously employed and for predetermined/fixed times to reduce the risk of new thrombotic events.

What's the context? Coronary artery disease? Aspirin and clopidogrel?

Azazel81

Italy - Italian

Double antiplatelet therapy should be continuously employed and for predetermined/fixed times to reduce the risk of new thrombotic events.

What's the context? Coronary artery disease? Aspirin and clopidogrel?

Uhm... I guess the verb "to employ" does not work here. What do you think of "carried out" works better or "carried through"? Remember we're talking about therapy here.

By the way: browsing this forum is so helpful :-D I've learnt a bunch of new stuff here :p.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I like the verb "employed" here very much.
    Not uncommonly used in a context such as this.

My only problem is with "tempi previsti" - that's why we need more context.

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    Uhm, alright then.

As for "tempi previsti", I'd say "said times" or "pointed times" or again "given times" since it probably refers to specific times given by a doctor or something like that (probably "given times" works better, doesn't it?).

pescara

English-USA
    Uhm, alright then.

As for "tempi previsti", I'd say "said times" or "pointed times" or again "given times" since it probably refers to specific times given by a doctor or something like that (probably "given times" works better, doesn't it?).

How about for the indicated time period?

Ciao.