term for reducing purchases

< Previous | Next >

Peloam

Urdu
Hi pals,
The sentence,

I
t's a consumer society which knows well the term 'purchase management', but know nothing of ...

The author means that the concerned society knows purchase management but not -what I think would be translated something like- purchase rationing, rationing purchases, or whatever means to control purchases and restrict them.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    What does "purchase management" mean here?

I would have thought "purchase management" meant something like controlling and restricting purchases to only those necessary.

Peloam

Urdu
    The author of the text says that there are two terms. One is purchase management which helps organize purchases according to priority and know how to reduce cost. The other is about how to reduce purchases themselves, and suppress the desire to buy. One would buy only what is necessary. It is about restricting a person's purchase list.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Someone else may know a fixed phrase for that, but I don't. However, I think the word you used to explain it is fine: restricting purchases.

I don't think rationing means what you want it to mean. To me, rationing purchases suggests that you spread out your purchases over time, or don't make too many at once. It is less clear that you make fewer of them, though you might.

< Previous | Next >