Term for system of objects with domino effect

< Previous | Next >

rusita preciosa

Modus forendi
Russian (Moscow)
Ok, I admit it took me longer to think of a title for his thread than to type the question itself.

Do you know if there a specific English term for a mechanical system of objects where each object set in motion triggers the next event, etc...

If you can't think of a term, what would you cal it?

For example, someone drops a marble on a rail, the marble rolls down, falls into a cup, the cup overturns, knocking a knife that cuts a string thar releases a spring etc... These systems may or may not include dominos (although I guess domino ones are the most common).
  • < Previous | Next >