Term of endearment btw parent-child that means well-behaved?

CH3353C@K3

English - United States
I am wondering if there is a term of endearment, specifically for parent-child relationships, in whatever English-speaking culture in whatever time period or place that means that one is well-behaved/proper/obedient/respectful, as opposed to being unruly/disobedient/disrespectful/naughty. I use / in the previous sentence, because I want to convey the idea of connecting the meanings of the words together.

I know many parents emphasize respect. On Curious George (TV Series), the Man in the Yellow Hat often says, "Be a good little monkey," to which George always grunts, "Okay!" Can't tell if that kind of thing would be common in a thoroughly English-speaking household, but it sounds so cute.

For people who have been raised by English-speaking parents, did your parents say anything that would convey such a meaning? Or did your parents just call you "dear", "honey", "sweetie", "sugar", "baby"?

• JamesM

"You're such a good boy/good girl" was common when I was growing up, or even "You're my good boy/good girl". It meant that your parents thought you behaved well. I used it as my children were growing up. "Dear / honey / sweetie / sugar" are all terms of endearment but they don't specifically communicate approval of behavior, in my experience.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    When I was growing up, something like "There's a good boy/girl" was the usual way to express this.

As James says, terms of endearment don't necessarily imply 'well-behaved'. :)

< Previous | Next >